Fill out this online form.
• Photocopy of passport scan
• Letter of good standing (students) or proof of completion (graduates) from your medical school
• Immunization records--Hep. B, MMR and Tetanus; Negative PPD results in the past 6 months. If your skin test is positive, we require a report of a negative chest X-ray reading in the past 12 months.
• Signed placement offer
• ECFMG registration number *or* USMLE Step test result report(s)
• Participation in Chicago Clerkships' applicant orientation and HIPAA training (conducted by telephone or in person before placement begins).
• Personal health insurance (not required but STRONGLY recommended)
Please allow a minimum of one month between your application submission date and your proposed placement start date.
Within 1 week of submitting your application:
• You will receive a placement offer
Within 1 week of accepting and submitting your signed placement offer and paying $300 deposit:
• You will receive specific details about your placement
• You will receive information about homestay placement options if requested.
• You will receive letter in support of visa application (upon request).
One week before rotation placement begins, applicant must:• You must submit full payment via wire transfer, credit card, cash, or check from U.S. bank. Credit cards can also be used online at http://shop.chicagoclerkships.com/ .
The day before your first placement begins:
• You must participate in a mandatory orientation session.
Please note, your $300 deposit is non-refundable with the exception of visa denials. If your visa is denied, you can submit documentation from Department of State specifying this and we will refund 50% of your deposit.